Sourcing optimisation: Improving the service delivery to customers or in-company users.
Is your service delivery the most optimised way for your clients in and outside your company? Or do you think that this can be more efficient, with belter quality, against lower costs? Consider to use sourcing optimisation for your organisation.
Together, we, you and your stakeholder can investigate if a service can be delivered more efficient. That can be done by optimisation of (internal) process or (partial) outsourcing of a process.
Every (changed or new) way of sourcing will introduce new risks with the need of managing. Managing risks of sourcing starts with a structured and stepwise way of realisation the change. This in combination with a solid risk management.
Important risk that can be frustrating are:
- Increase of price of sourcing during implementation;
- lack of mutual cooperation;
- Quality of service not matching expectations,
Together we will work on minimalizing the main risk by:
- Defining a shared transparent vision on sourcing aligned with the business strategy;
- Develop a long term vision. Does the chosen sourcing still fits the long term goals?;
- Help to choose a industry standard solution/ Tailor made sourced services will pressurize the economy of scales;
- Simplifying decision making single-sourcing or multi-scouring (one or more partners) without danger of lock-in situations;
- Executing a fased implementation avoiding to complex and unmanageable scenarios;
- Implementation of key measure indicators. Trust is okay, measure is better. You can use both, measures without thrust will lead to unnecessary escalation;
- Maintaining up-to-date in-house knowledge and know-how in order to avoid 3rd party dependencies;
- Continuous triggering of service providers by regular discussion about development of business and expected anticipation of service providers;
- Taking care of enough know-how, skills and experiences in order to structure a sourcing deal. Especially because sourcing providers have;
- Keep senior management (sponsor) within own organisation on board;
- Taking care of acceptation sourcing by end-users;
- Handling soft-side of sourcing.